A Destination Jewel in Central New York
- National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum: This national treasure continuously updates its exhibitions and activities. There's always something new!
- The Farmers' Museum: Living history in a 1840s village and farmstead setting, with an authentic Blacksmith Shop and more.
- Fenimore Art Museum: Iconic collections of American Art, Folk Art and American Indian Art.
- Hyde Hall: An architectural wonder, this 50-room mansion represents the melding of early European land barons in the new American frontier.
- Cooperstown Bat Company: Manufacturer of fine collector bats since 1981.
Eat, Drink and be Merry
- Brewery Ommegang: One of America's most unique microbreweries, "where brewing is an art and partaking is a passion."
- Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard: More than 40 samples of cheeses, salsas, mustards and wines make the Mill a must-stop.
- Cooperstown Beverage Trail: Tour six intimate, rural breweries and wineries as a part of New York State's very first official cuisine trail!
- Cooperstown Farmers Market: Fresh baked goods, seasonal produce, maple & honey products, flowers, plants, herbs, meats, cheese, poultry, crafts & more.
The Sound of Music & Theatre
- The Glimmerglass Festival: First-rate opera, Broadway productions, cabarets and concerts, all affordable in a stunning rural setting.
- Cooperstown Summer Music Festival: Offering a rich diversity of music, from classical to jazz, early music to contemporary, as well as cabaret, bluegrass, kid-friendly concerts and more.
Oneonta, New York
A vibrant community known as the "City of the Hills" is alive with entertainment. The downtown area is an emerging arts mecca, featuring quaint shops, unique dining and two performing arts venues.
Tour the Countryside and Waterways
- Glimmerglass Queen: Daily hour-long narrated tours of beautiful Otsego Lake, which is on the National Historic Register.
Stretch Your Legs and Play a Little
- Barnyard Swing: This farm-style mini-golf course has gem panning, shopping and a special area for "bring your own" dining.
- Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum: Come see realistic, life-sized wax figures of many of the players who made the game great, all in authentic displays.
- Joseph Popp Butterfly Conservatory: Mingle with hundreds of free-flying butterflies and tropical birds in an indoor conservatory.
You can stroll along classic downtown Cooperstown and Oneonta for great shopping and gift ideas, or, shop local businesses right from your home.
Line Drives & Lipstick • Cooperstown Bat Company • Diastole Home Décor & Gifts • Fly Creek Cider Mill Store • Baseball Hall of Fame Museum Store • Fenimore Museum Shop • The Farmers' Museum Store • Todd's General Store • Brewery Ommegang - The Belgian Shop • The Glimmerglass Festival Gift Shop
Southside Mall • Green Toad Bookstore • Main Street Oneonta